NEARLY 3,000 STRONG
The University Professionals of Illinois, Local 4100 -- along with our affiliates IFT, AFT, the Illinois AFL-CIO, and the national AFL-CIO -- is the recognized leader in academic collective bargaining for higher education in Illinois, representing seven of the 12 Illinois public universities at the bargaining table.
UPI has mastered the difficult task of drawing together the collective strength of public higher education's faculty and staff while protecting and enhancing the distinctive features of each university. UPI's campus leaders are effective advocates for UPI's nearly 3,000 members.
Call officers and staff at the Chicago office, 312-663-5916. Our fax number is 312-663-3833.
According to the UPI Constitution, the objectives of UPI Local 4100 are:
- To utilize collective bargaining and other appropriate means to develop mutual assistance and cooperation for faculty, academic professionals, and other staff of Illinois public universities.
- To obtain for faculty, academic professionals, and other staff the rights to which they are entitled.
- To secure and protect academic freedom, tenure, and faculty governance.
- To secure the conditions essential to the best professional growth and service.
- To promote the welfare of the students in the public universities of Illinois by providing progressively better educational opportunity.