American Federation of Teachers
Robert G. Porter Scholars Program
The AFT Robert G. Porter Scholars Program offers four 4-year, $8,000 post-secondary scholarships to graduating high school seniors who are dependents of AFT members, as well as 10 one-time $1,000 grants to AFT members to assist with their continuing education.
Program eligibility requirements:
One-time $1,000 Grant:
- Must be an AFT member in good standing for at least one year.
- Pursuing courses in their field of work.
- No full- or part-time AFT staff, state or local, may apply.
Four-year $8,000 Post-secondary Scholarship:
- Must be an AFT member's dependent.
- Graduating high school senior.
FOR MORE INFORMATION